National Catholic Schools Week is fast approaching, and every year, Lakeland Catholic Schools celebrate students with fun, meaningful activities that recognize and celebrate their hard work and accomplishments. As an educator, you can encourage your students to reflect on the benefits of their Catholic education with these great activity suggestions.
- Show off your students’ tech savviness by helping them create a virtual tour video to promote your school.
- Let your students decorate the hallways with their handmade artwork that emphasizes the themes of Catholic Schools Week.
- Host a musical performance for your students’ families.
- Organize a student art show.
- Host a spelling bee or science fair to highlight academic accomplishments.
- Conduct a classroom door-decorating contest based on the themes of Catholic Schools Week.
- Hold a scavenger hunt throughout campus or in your classroom to encourage students to learn more about their school.
- Coordinate times where older students can read aloud to younger students.
- Organize a math bowl tournament.
- Start a pen pal program with another Catholic school.
With these activities, you are sure to fill your student’s time with learning opportunities and moments to celebrate benefits from an education grounded in faith, knowledge, and service.